Maruti Suzuki Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the two cars my grandfather had when I was really young. One of them was Fiat Padmini and the other was Maruti Suzuki 800. What one might find difficult to believe today is that, in those days, owning a Maruti 800 was considered to be a status symbol. It was considered to be modern and also influential!
Maruti sadly no longer produces the car and the last one was rolled out of the Gurgaon plant in 2014 and sent to Shillong.
Going back to the days when the entire family would squeeze and shuffle to fit in the car together for drives is making me really nostalgic.
Does anyone have a memory of their first Maruti car?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I remember the two cars my grandfather had when I was really young. One of them was Fiat Padmini and the other was Maruti Suzuki 800. What one might find difficult to believe today is that, in those days, owning a Maruti 800 was considered to be a status symbol. It was considered to be modern and also influential!
Maruti sadly no longer produces the car and the last one was rolled out of the Gurgaon plant in 2014 and sent to Shillong.
Going back to the days when the entire family would squeeze and shuffle to fit in the car together for drives is making me really nostalgic.
Does anyone have a memory of their first Maruti car?
Hey!
I can totally relate! I guess every Indian family at one point or the other owned either a Fiat Padmini, an ambassador or a Maruti Suzuki car.
For my family, it was Maruti Suzuki Alto which they bought in 2001 on hearing from a family friend that it had more features than Maruti 800. My parents fell so much in love with the car that in 2011 they purchased the Alto K10 and they still have it! And believe it or not, the old 2001 Alto still works!!
I would so love to have a discussion on the Alto series and hear some experiences and memories associated with the cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For us, it was the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and that was the first Maruti car in our family. It was then replaced by Maruti Celerio. Perhaps once a Maruti family, always a Maruti family! :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts