Maruti Suzuki Forum banner

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Fuel Economy

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SwiftFan 
#1 ·
Is the Ertiga a fuel efficient car? Would it be a wise option for a road trip between different states? How good is the fuel economy?

#2 ·
Ertiga is available in three fuel options- petrol, diesel and CNG. The diesel model is powered by a 1.3-litre multi-jet motor that is claimed to return an excellent ARAI certified fuel economy of 17.2kmpl in city driving conditions and 20.77kmpl on highways. Its gasoline model gets the 1.4L k Series engine that offers a good mileage of 12.3kmpl and 16.02kmpl in city traffic and on highways, respectively. It is also available in CNG version and is claimed to deliver an excellent fuel economy of 19.35km/kg in city and 22.8km/kg on long runs.
Combined, the fuel economy of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is 18-26 km/l.
So, it does have a good fuel economy.

#3 ·
Is the Ertiga a fuel efficient car? Would it be a wise option for a road trip between different states? How good is the fuel economy?
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a very good car for long as well as short-distance drives. There is ample space for luggage and you can always get a roof rack fixed. The passenger capacity is 7 so people can sit comfortably throughout the rise unless its more than 7 people (which is not preferable) for longer rides.
The only problem that may bug you is the turbo lag initially but eventually, it picks up and is good after that.
Sometimes if you are driving on rocky roads, you may end up scraping the bottom (belly) of the car.
I have personally driven an Ertiga for about 320 km and it was a pretty comfortable ride. I, however, do not have recordings of it. However, I came across this video of a person driving and Ertiga and he explains his experience in it (in Hindi).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.